I love fresh beans! But there are onyl so many you can eat straight from the vine… so i was searching for a recipe that would use LOTS of beans but still retain their ‘beaniness’. I found one in the Kitchen Garden Cookbook that I adapted to suit what was growing in my garden.
Warm bean salad
- 500g beans, violet climbing french beans, dragon tongue beans and dwarf beans
- ½ red onion
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ c small black olives
- Basil leaves, to garnish
1. Thinly slice beans diagonally. Slice onion downwards into thin crescents and place into serving bowl.
2. Cook the beans in boiling, salted water for about 4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain beans and add to onion.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes and the olives. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
4. Combine oil and vinegar in a small bowl and pour over beans just prior to serving. Garnish with basil.
I served with ham to make a complete lunch! Yum