I must have been on a roll with lentils last week! Somehow I ended up making two recipes with lentils. At least they’re good for you…
Lentil and chorizo soup
- 2 chorizo sausages, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 400g can lentils, rinsed and drained
1. Heat saucepan over high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stiring, until brown all over. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the onion, garlic and paprika, cook for 5 minutes until the onion softens. Add the carrot, zucchini and tomato. Cook for 2 minutes until tender. Add the chicken stock and chorizo and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, stiring occasionally. Add the lentils and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.