Breakfast is one of my favourite meals of the day. I love breakfast and in particular I love muesli and fruit. Recently I have been having toasted muesli topped with yoghurt and fruit for breakfast nearly every day. Last weekend L and I went out for breakfast in Kingston before a trip to the Fyshwick markets. I had a delicious Bircher muesli which inspired me to attempt to recreate it. I topped it with fresh strawberries from the garden 🙂
• 1 cup rolled oats
• ½ c apple juice
• ½ c plain greek yoghurt
• Handful dried fruit, chopped (I used apricots)
• 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 green apple, grated (I actually used a pear this time)
• 1 tbsp toasted/ flaked almonds
• ½ c fresh berries
1. Combine rolled oats, juice, yoghurt, fruit, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir together. Chill overnight.
2. The mixture will be rather solid and sticky, don’t worry! Prior to serving stir in grated apple. If the mixture is still too thick stir in a tbsp of additional yoghurt. Sprinkle each serve with flaked/ toasted almonds and fresh berries.