This chicken cacciatore was perfect for using up some of the many tomatoes that are finally ripening in our garden.
It also featured a couple of my onions that I thinned. They should have been planted out into the garden months ago but I never quite got around to it and now it seems too late…
And some potatoes. For some reason the potato patch is the dogs favourite digging spot.
My parsley has almost all gone to seed but there was enough underneath to just make up a bunch. Hopefully all the seed will mean a good crop next year!
• 750 g chicken thighs
• 1 medium onion
• 1 clove garlic
• ½ c white wine
• 875 g tomatoes ( ), processed in food processor
• 2 potatoes
• 1 carrot
• 300g mushrooms
• ½ c red lentils
• 1 c yoghurt
• 1 tbsp cornflour
• 2 tbsp parsley
1. Brown the chicken on both sides in a large heavy based pan.
2. Add onion, garlic and wine and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, potato, carrot, mushrooms and lentils and simmer, covered for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked and lentils are tender.
4. Combine yoghurt, cornflour and parsley and add to the pan.