I am still trying to find creative ways to use zucchini so I was delighted when Fit Food by Jess posted a muffin recipe on Facebook that included zucchini! Who doesn’t love muffins after all 🙂
I modified the ingredients slightly as the original muffins were gluten free.
- 1 c wholemeal flour
- 1 1/4 c plain flour
- 1/2 c oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c walnut pieces
- 1/2 c dates, finely chopped
- 1/3 c oil
- 1 c plain yoghurt
- 2 small eggs
- 1/2 c honey
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 very small zucchini, grated
- 1/2 c apple sauce
1. Pre heats oven to 180 C and prepare a muffin tray and a mini muffin tray.
2. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon in a bowl and mix together. Add dates and walnuts and stir to coat nuts and dates with flour mixture.
3. Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Combine with other wet ingredients and stir well. Fold into dry ingredients. Spoon mixture into muffin trays (it will make about 12 regular muffins and 6 min muffins). Cook mini muffins for approx 14 minutes and regular muffins for 20minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins were so tasty I couldn’t stop eating them straight from the oven!