Welcome back me! It’s been a while between posts. Travelling and general ‘too much to do’ has kept me away. Last weekend we visited my grandma in country Victoria. She kindly sent us home with an eski full of lamb that she buys from a local producer! Yummo! So it was a bit indulgent but we happily gobbled a rack of lamb each accompanied by some delicious rosemary potatoes, pumpkin mash (homegrown of course) and asparagus.
Roast rack of lamb
- a bunch of mint
- 2 tsp castor sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 racks of lamb (4-5 cutlets each)
- a bunch of rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp oil
1. Combine mint, castor sugar and hot water in the food processor and blend to a paste. Add white wine vinegar and process until combined. Set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
2. Pierce lamb with a small, sharp knife and push slices of garlic and sprigs of rosemary into flesh (use approx 2 sprigs).
3. Combine wholegrain mustard, oil and mint mixture. Paste over lamb. Sprinkle with rosemary and allow to marinade for 20 minutes in a cool place. Pre-heat oven to 200 C.
4. Roast lamb in oven for 20 minutes (for medium-rare). Then allow to rest for 10 mintues before serving.
Recipes for rosemary potatoes and pumpkin mash to come soon!