After a long day pulling up carpets yesterday I wanted something quick, easy and tasty that would also be good as leftovers for lunch at work. L thinks that every meal must involve meat so I modified a spinach and potato curry to make this delicious chicken, spinach and potato curry. It turned out way better than expected and got a lot of praise from my number one eater- L.
Chicken, spinach and potato curry
- 700g potato, skin on, cut into cubes
- 1 bunch silver beet, stalks removed, shredded (kale would also work)
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 800g chicken thigh, cubed
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tsp cumin seeds ground
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 chilli
1. Boil potatoes until slightly soft. In another pot boil the silverbeet for 5-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Brown the onion in a little oil. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned. Add ginger and garlic to the pan and stir in. Add spices and a little water if needed. Add tomatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and silverbeet, mix well then cover and simmer gently until ready. It’s done when potatoes are soft enough for your liking.
4. Garnish with finely chopped red chilli to taste.