One evening while L and I were in New Zealand we decided to get fish and chips… unfortunately the fish shop that was recommended had just closed when we got there so we were stuck with the local takeaway… what a disappointment! So to make up for it I made my own! Once we were back. A trip to the local farmers markets on a Saturday morning supplied some lovely fresh fish and a new variety of potato. Unfortunately I was having too much fun at the markets and have completely forgotten the name of the variety! I guess I’ll have to go back next week and get some more ;-P
Fish with potato wedges
- 4 flathead tails
- 1/3 c plain flour
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Rind of one lemon
- 1 kg potatoes, sliced into wedges
- Chicken salt
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs oregano, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 180 C. Bring water to boil in a pot and cook potatoes until a fork will go through them. Drain and place in a roasting tray with salt, rosemary, oregano and garlic. Coat well. Roast in oven for 40 minutes until golden.
- Mix flour, sesame seeds, pepper and lemon rind in a bowl. Coat individual pieces of flathead with mixture. Cook flathead in a pan with a small amount of oil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve with salad!